Thursday, September 6, 2018

Transpacific Vancouver to Yokohama on board Westerdam


In late September I will be joining Holland America's cruise ship Westerdam to present a series of 10 lectures as we cross the Pacific Ocean from Vancouver to Yokohama (Sept 31 - Oct 15). 

On most cruises I like to present short video clips that I produce using Google Earth to highlight each specific itinerary.  Here's one that I've produced for the Westerdam cruise:


My lectures will highlight some of the fascinating creatures and shifting ecosystems as these northern waters and the Arctic, in particular, experience rapid warming with climate change.  My topics include:

Undersea Societies of the Pacific Northwest
Meet the Masterminds of the Pacific Ocean!
Alaskan Ecosystems: Adapting to a New Planet
Who Owns the Arctic Ocean, Northwest Passage and the Fish Below?
Japanese Jellies are a Stinging Success!
Hokkaido and the Kuroshio Current
Japan: Life on an Unstable Island
Perhaps you will be joining Jan and I!? If so, we look forward to renewing past acquaintances!  And, of course, we have the joy of making new friends!